WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT CUSTOMERS DOES AOJ GATHER?
THE INFORMATION WE LEARN FROM CUSTOMERS HELP US PERSONALIZE AND CONTINUALLY IMPROVE YOUR AOJ EXPERIENCE. HERE ARE THE TYPES OF INFORMATION WE GATHER.
- INFORMATION YOU GIVE US: WE RECEIVE AND STORE ANY INFORMATION YOU ENTER ON OUR WEBSITE OR GIVE US IN ANY OTHER WAY. FOR EXAMPLE, WHEN ORDERING OR REGISTERING ON OUR WEB SITE, YOU MAY BE ASKED TO ENTER YOUR NAME, E-MAIL ADDRESS, MAILING ADDRESS, PHONE NUMBER, CREDIT CARD INFORMATION OR OTHER DETAILS. YOU CAN CHOOSE NOT TO PROVIDE CERTAIN INFORMATION, BUT THEN YOU MIGHT NO BE ABLE TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF MANY OF OUR FEATURES OR SERVICES, OR PURCHASE OUR PRODUCTS. WE USE THE INFORMATION THAT YOU PROVIDE FOR SUCH PURPOSES AS RESPONDING TO YOUR REQUESTS, CUSTOMIZING FUTURE SHOPPING FOR YOU, IMPROVING OUR STORES, AND COMMUNICATING WITH YOU.
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information to more easily deliver our products and services, and to communicate with you more effectively.
What About Cookies?
Does AOJ Share the Information It Receives?
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf to assist us in delivering our products and services to you. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
HOW SECURE IS INFORMATION ABOUT ME?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- ALL INFORMATION WE GATHER ON OUR SITE IS STORED WITHIN DATABASES TO WHICH ONLY WE AND SERVICE PROVIDERS ARE PROVIDED ACCESS. However, as effective as the reasonable security measures implemented by us may be, no physical or electronic security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our site servers or databases, nor can we guarantee that information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
What About Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites?
We, along with other third-party vendors, such as Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics Cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick DART cookie), or other third-party identifiers, together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Which Information Can I Access?
AOJ gives you access to a range of information about your account and your interactions with AOJ for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information.
What Choices Do I Have?
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of AOJ services.
- You can add or update certain information on pages such as those described in the “Which Information Can I Access?” section. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
- If you do not want us to use personal information that we gather to allow third parties to personalize advertisements we display to you, please follow the instructions provided above in the “What About Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites?” section.
ARE CHILDREN ALLOWED TO USE AOJ?
AOJ DOES NOT SELL PRODUCTS FOR PURCHASE BY CHILDREN. WE SELL CHILDREN’S PRODUCTS FOR PURCHASE BY ADULTS. IF YOU ARE UNDER 18, YOU MAY USE AOJ ONLY WITH THE INVOLVEMENT OF A PARENT OR GUARDIAN.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions